Saturday, 17 November 2012

"Bath and Body Works" Haul






 I have been obsessed with bath and body works "Slatkin & Co' candles for as long as i can remember. For any and all Youtube subscribers and blog readers you will probably understand the obsession that is these AMAZING smelling candles..

The very first time i traveled to America to visit family my cousins took me out on a little shopping trip. We walked into a Bath and Body Works store and at the time to me it wasn't all that exciting what can you expect i was 16 if only i knew then what i know now i would have come back with a suitcase full of goodies. I was intrigued by all the smells though but unfortunatly i walked out with only some body wash!. Can you blame me though what 16 year old is obsessed with candles. Many Many Many years down the track i am now officially OBSESSED with candles and all things decor. I recently decided (after months of consideration) to do an Ebay shop for some of the famous Slatkin & Co Candles. Here is what i Purchased:

Frosted Cupcake 4oz Candle & Apple Crumble 4oz Candle
The Frosted Cupcake candle is a favourite for a reason. If you love overly sweet smelling scents then this is perfect for you it just literally smells like vanilla bean frosting. This candle reminds me of the times when i was a child and my favourite thing about helping my mother bake would be to lick the frosting straight out of the bowl :P

The Apple Crumble candle has a slightly less sweet smell with a lovely over powering smell of granny smith apples. I wouldn't say this smells exactly like apple crumble more like apple pie filling but i'm not picking up any of the "vanilla crumble" that is written in the scent description.

Pumpkin Caramel Latte 4oz Candle
& Cinnamon Nut Bread 4oz Candle
 Pumpkin Caramel Latte has got to be my favourite smelling candle of all time. I don't think you can smell too much of the pumpkin flavour in this candle but you can definitely smell the sweet caramel latte in this candle. It smells positively DIVINE and reminds me of Starbucks. The smell of this candle is so strong and addictive I'm thinking of investing in a 14oz 3 wick size of this candle. Can i just mention again how much i love this one because i really do :)

Cinnamon Nut Bread is such a yummy smelling candle. It smells exactly like cinnamon  & walnut scrolls. The scent isn't to over powering which is good because i don't like when cinnamon scented things smell to strong they aren't as nice. this candle makes me want to take up baking as i want my house to smell this good all the time.

Cinnamon Sugared Donut 4oz Candle
& Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin 4oz Candle
When i decided to purchase the Cinnamon Sugared Donut Candle i was afraid it would smell a lot like the Cinnamon Nut Bread Candle and i was trying to pick a variety of candles. Luckily it doesn't smell anything like it but still has i nicely understated cinnamon smell but with an added sugary smell (hence the name). This really does smell like freshly baked donuts :)

Now this Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin candle is my least favourite of all the candles i purchased and i very much do regret it. It smells like pumpkin pie which i honestly don't mind but the cinnamon smell in this candle is to strong and it over powers the rest of the scents and it's just not something i enjoy which is a shame as i really did think i'd like this one.

These candles costly me about roughly $15 each (including shipping cost's from America to Australia) that may seem like a lot of money but i do think it was worth it if only we had a Bath & Body Works here in Australia my house would be full of candles.

I purchased my candles through these Ebayers: Twistedtulip & Sveco2010
Has anyone else purchased these candles before? What is you favourite scent?
xx

2 comments:

  1. These look amazing! I wish we had a Bath and Body Works in Australia! I adore their products :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If we had a bath & body works in Australia I'd be in there everyday haha.. i was reluctant buying them online because they are expensive for the size and you can't smell them so i picked pretty safe options and I'm loving them :)

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment I really do appreciate every one of them :)
Please do not comment Follow for Follow as it isn't polite but feel free to post your link as I do love checking out all blogs :)