Thursday, 31 January 2013

NOTD: Rimmel Black Out & Australis Speck-Tacular


While I was away on Holidays & even prior to me going I picked up quite a few new nail polishes. I'm slowly working my way round to getting swatches of all of them up including some in my NOTD posts.

This Nail of the Day post is including one of my new fav trends / nail polishes.



Rimmel 60 Seconds 800 Black Out 8ml - I picked this up it the chemist warehouse 50% off sale for around about $3.95. I don't own any plain black nail polishes so for this price I thought I would add to my collection. This is a nice black that is opaque in about 2 light coats ( It says its a 1 coat polish but I prefer 2 light coats to even the colour out a bit) & it has a gloss finish. It takes only a couple of minutes to dry & Rimmel polishes tend to have good lasting power.
I used 2 coats of this to create my nail look.

Australis Crystal Colour Top Coat 10ml - This is a lovely Strengthening Holographic Flakie Top Coat that can be applied over any nail polish to give it light reflecting flakes that shine in golden, bronze/amber, blue & green depending which way the light hits it. It adds on a fair bit of the flakes in just one coat but I prefer 2 coats to give it more of a sparkle. This cost me about $7.95 but currently Starting today Priceline have $3 off all Australis Products so this will only be $4.95 & I'm really loving Australis Nail Polish at the moment so I might need to pick up a few to add to my collection. If  anyone has suggestions if you own any nice Australis ones?
I used 2 coats of this on top of the Rimmel Black Out to create my nail look.

Because the Australis Nail Colour is a Top Coat you don't need to apply a Top Coat over it but I have issues with my nails chipping easily due to work so I tend to still apply Seche Vite over any nail look I paint. :)



 



I really like the way the Holographic Flakes look over dark nail polish but they could also work over any other nail polish for a nice subtle sparkle.

What nail trend are you loving? What are you wearing on your nails?
Happy Thursday Everyone
xo

6 comments:

  1. This is so gorgeous! I have both of these nail polishes so I will have to try out this combo :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so pretty I can't stop staring at my nails :)

      Delete
  2. I love this combo! I own both of these polishes too, and the black is my favourite to wear with the flakie polish.
    The $3 off promo would be a great time to pick up the new glitter polishes. Sweat Pea is a colour I'd like too (mint green) but I'm not a big fan of the formulas of my other 2 Australis colours unfortunately (rub-a-dub-dub and peek-a-boo)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've gotten so many compliments on this nail look It really does look great with black polish. I really want the colour sweet pea it looks great.

      Delete
  3. Ooh love the specks! Reminds me of opal :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. me too that's why I love it so much :)

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment I really do appreciate every one of them :)
Please do not comment Follow for Follow as it isn't polite but feel free to post your link as I do love checking out all blogs :)