Monday, 4 February 2013

January Favourites 2013

I can't believe It's February all ready where is the time going. Now that I'm getting a hang of all this blogging stuff I set my self a few goals one of them being to do a Favourites Post every month. I love reading these kinds of post's & this way I can see how much my favourites change from month to month & what new items I fall in love with over the year. These are all the thing I have been loving for the month of January..




John Frieda Brilliant Brunette Daily Shampoo & Moisturizing Conditioner 250ml each

First off is the Shampoo & Conditioner combo I have recently changed over to. I decided that I no longer wanted to use my Macadamia Natural Oil Shampoo & Conditioner on a regular basis as it is very pricey here in Australia & I don't really want to be buying them off BeautyBay ever other week as it seems ridiculous to have my Shampoo & Conditioner shipped over from the UK so I wanted to find an Alternative that works great for my hair that is affordable & can be purchased easily.

A very long time ago I used to use a John Frieda Shine Gloss from the Brilliant Brunette range & when I came across these It reminded me of how much I loved that product so I picked up the JF Brilliant Brunette Daily Shampoo & the JF Brilliant Brunette Moisturizing Conditioner. Both of these products smell amazing & work wonders on my hair. I usually like to mix & match from the same range as I look for different things when it comes to Shampoos & Conditioners. I like that this Shampoo cleans my hair without leaving it feeling like it's been stripped & the conditioner is really moisturizing but it doesn't way down my hair & I find that I don't need to use a lot of it for it to work. I tend to really apply my Conditioner heavily but with this I find that I don't need to. These retail for $16 each but normally Woolworths, Priceline or Chemist Warehouse have these on special for $12. This is a Definite Repurchase.
Avene Thermal Spring Water 50ml & Lush Angels on Bare Skin 100g
  Before I went on holidays I picked up a 50ml Travel sized bottle of Avene Thermal Spring Water as I knew it would come in handy with the hot humid weather in Queensland & I pretty much used this everyday with being in the sun my face was pretty hot even with the use of sunscreen & this just helped soothing it & cooling it down plus it was handy to have in my bag. This cost me around $6 from Chemist Warehouse.  

Another Skincare Favourite of mine this month is a facial cleanser from Lush: Angels on Bare Skin which was apart of my holiday haul in January. I love pretty much all of Lush's products & this is no exception. I really love the way this leaves my skin feeling after I use it & I can tell this pot is going to last me ages.
This 100g tub cost me $15.95


One of my favourite nail polishes this month is the Australis Crystal Colour Top Coat in Speck-Tacular. I just love the way this looks on my nail & whenever I have worn this, this month I've had so many people comment on how wonderful this looks. see my NOTD post here.

While on holiday my sister surprised me with a Lancome Hypnose Dolls Eyes. She had bought one for herself & fell in love with it so she decided to buy me one as a gift as she knew I would also love it. I love Lancome Mascaras (well the few I have tried anyway) but I don't love the price but I do love receiving them as gifts :) The packaging is gorgeous I love the black with grey flowers & the shape is very femine with the curves. I love how the wand is thicker at the end & gets thinner towards the point it really helps when applying mascara to the shorter lashes in the corners & when wanting to lightly apply mascara to the lower lash line. The only weird thing I noticed about this mascara is that it has a very strong scent at first I though maybe it was ment to be scented like the Hypnose perfume but honestly I'm not to sure has anyone else noticed this? The scent doesn't bother me It's just very noticeable  When this runs out I probably will repurchase one but maybe not straight away.

This month I have found myself reaching for my Maybelline Color Tattoo in the shade 25 Bad to the Bronze. I have been using this in my ever day eye look.

A while back I purchased a few products from BeautyJoint.com including an E.L.F Studio Eyebrow Kit in Dark. I mainly use this for the Dark Wax side as it Matches my brows wonderfully. I have pretty much been using this since the day I got it & It has lasted me all this time (about 2 months so far) & it looks like I've barely used any. I love the packaging of this product it remind me of the Nars packaging but it isn't rubberized its hard plastic & doesn't get as dirty easily which is a plus. This was only $3.99

While I was on Holidays I did a shop at Mecca Maxima & received a free mini Nars Blush in Orgasm with my purchase & I'm loving it. I'm not a fan of blush I think it looks weird on my skin I don't know why I just do =S but this blush is an exception I really do love this & I can see why so many people rave about this . I love Nars packaging it is very sleek but can get very dirty. This blush is warm pink colour with a bit of a peachy finish & has a fine golden shimmer in it that give it a warm glowy look. I love the way this look on my skin & feel like it is a colour that would suit all skin types.

My last favourite for the month is probably my Best Favourite & it is my Stila In the Light Palette which is an Amazing neutral based Eyeshadow Palette that consists of 10 Eyeshadows that can easily be used to create all kinds of looks to take you from Day to Night. I have been using this everyday since I purchased this. My go to everyday Eye look lately has been covering my Eye lid with my Maybelline Color Tattoo in 25 Bad to the Bronze then lightly patting on the Shade Bubbly (the first one in the bottom row) from my Stila in the Light Palette & from the same palette using the shade Sandstone (the last one in the top row) as my crease colour & define an outer V on my eye. It's very simply & works great for every day. The only real issue I have with this palette is that it has an odd smell to it if anyone owns this palette can you let me know If you've noticed this?



From R to L: Bad to the Bronze, Bubble & Sandstone

Well that's It for my Favourites this month. Let me know what your Favourites are this month?
Happy Monday Everyone
xx


12 comments:

  1. I have the same problem with blush! That In the Light palette is really tempting me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is an AMAZING palette I think I prefer it over my Naked Palettes :O yes I just said that haha :)

      Delete
  2. I love the Australis Top Coat, and this post inspired me to add it to my current mani:)
    I also really need to get my hands on the In The Light palette!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm starting to appreciate Australis Nail Polishes I was never a fan before :)
      In the Light is a must have :)

      Delete
  3. Omg I love the John Frieda Brilliant Brunette too!!

    www.chochalistas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. John Frieda Hair Care is amazing & smells great too :)

      Delete
  4. I'm really liking the eyeshadow pallette you bought. The colours are so wearable for a daily look.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Argh I got a sample of the pallete and fell in love with the sunset shade but I just can't justify another neutral palette!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a pretty palette I honestly can't imagine not owning it. I wish I would've purchased this before my other neutral palette then maybe I wouldn't need to so many :)

      Delete
  6. I've been seeing that Stila palette everywhere and it makes me want it even more!
    >.<

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing :) I truly love it the best out of all my eyeshadow palettes :)

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment I really do appreciate every one of them :)
Please do not comment Follow for Follow as it isn't polite but feel free to post your link as I do love checking out all blogs :)