Tuesday, 12 February 2013

Nail Polish Haul & Swatches Part 1


As much as I keep telling myself (& other people tell me) I don't need anymore nail polishes I just never seem to listen :)

In the last couple of weeks I've managed to do 5 Nail Polish Shops, 4 online & 1 in store. I am Currently waiting some very awesome polishes from BeautyJoint, Cherry Culture & Femme Fatale Cosmetics. I know I clearly have a problem but is there such a thing as to much polish? personally I don't think so as I tend to change the colour of my polish every couple of days & every couple of months I clean out my stash & give any unwanted polishes away to family & friends who have been eyeing them off :)

This is Part One of my Nail Polish Haul & Consists of all the Nail Polishes I picked up at Priceline last week.
This post is Picture Heavy as I decided to Swatch all the polishes I purchased so you can see what the colours look like :)



The First thing I purchased were these 3 Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure 14.7ml Nail Polishes ($10 each & 3 for the price of 2 so $20 all up). I wanted to take advantage of this awesome offer Priceline was having on all Sally Hansen Nail Products (3 for 2) these Nail Polishes were on special so even more of a bargain. I picked up the shades 170 Pink Slip, 500 Pink at Him & 540 Frutti Petutie (I'm loving the names).



540 Frutti Petutie - The main thing that drew me to this polish was the name. How cute is it? This is a gorgeous bright pink with a slight red/coral undertone. The colour is much more vibrant in person & as usual the camera does no justice to it. This applies beautifully & is opaque in 2 coats.

Swatched without Flash




Swatches with Flash 






500 Pink at Him - Now I'm not the biggest fan of the colour Pink up until now I pretty much only own 2 Pink Nail Polishes & I hardly ever wear them but when I saw this in the bottle I thought I'd give it a try with Valentines Day around the corner why not invest in some nice Pink Polishes & OMG I think this may be my new Fav Nail Polish colour. This is a beautiful Creamy Pastel Salmon Pink Colour that applies beautifully & is opaque in 2-3 coats

Swatches with Flash




Swatches without Flash





170 Pink Slip - I choose this shade as I have a lot of glitter heavy polishes & was on the hunt for a sheer white based nail polish to create some jelly sandwich type looks & this looked like it would work so I got it. In the bottle this does appear to have a very slight pink tint to it but I don't think it translates well on the nail which I actually prefer as I'm also looking for the perfect White Nail Polish & this works as a temporary one until I find what i'm looking for. This polish applies slightly patchy in the first to coats & is semi sheer but it builds up nicely in about 4 coats which is what I used in the swatches.

All of these Sally Hansen Polishes have impressed me so far with the formula as it has a nice thickness to it & generally applies smooth & effortlessly.

Swatches without Flash






Swatches with Flash 




The next Nail Polish I picked up from Priceline was also on special with $3 of all Australis products I picked up the Australis Fairy Bread Glitter Top Coat Polish for only $4.95. This is another one of those popular Deborah Lippmann Happy Birthday Dupes & I've seen this polish around but never purchased it because I own Milani Gems which is very similar but when I saw this on special I decided I needed it for my collection :)

Fairy Bread is a Clear Based Glitter Top Coat Polish packed with a mix of 3 (though 2 are very similarly sized I'm sure 1 is slighter larger or maybe my eyes a tricking me) different sized hexagonal glitter in Gold, Orange, Purple, Blue, Green & Silver which is very similar to Gems though Gems has Red instead of Orange & the glitter is slighter smaller than the largest ones in Fairy Bread





They both add quite a bit of glitter in 1 coat with Gems adding slightly more than Fairy Bread & bith need very little persuasion to get the glitter placement perfect.
 I used 2 coats of each in the swatches to compare the 2. 


Swatches without Flash



 Swatched with Flash


The final polish I purchased from Priceline was Rimmel Precious Stones in 001 Diamond Dust. This was a fairly new one to me so not sure how long they have been available to purchase but I'd never seen them before.  I cant remember how much this was but it was either $7 or $8.



The label says this is a Full On Glitter Colour & it is pretty much right.
This is a gorgeous dark grey glitter polish with small silver holo hex glitters mixed in & Is opaque in 3 coats. It dries slightly rough like most glitter polishes but is fine with a good top coat.
 (my swatches are without a top coat)

For the swatches I decided to paint every second finger using Rimmel 800 Blackout first then apply 1 coat of Rimmel 001 Diamond Dust to see what It would look like



Swatched without Flash




Swatched with Flash




Tomorrow the Swatch Fest continues with some AMAZING Polishes I purchased from Picture Polish
 Do you own any of these Polishes? What are on your Nail at the moment?
Happy Tuesday Everyone
xx

14 comments:

  1. All those sparkles look so pretty, I'm just ordered the Australis Fairy Bread very excited for it to arrive after seeing your nails :o)

    I love the Sally Hansen Pink at Him, I think I may need to go back and do some more shopping lol...

    Jac x0x

    matillysthisnthat.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh and the Rimmel Precious stones is just too gorgeous, definitely need to go back and shop

      Delete
    2. fairy bread it such a pretty glitter I'm addicted to it :)

      Delete
  2. Love Fruti Petutie. Plus, am a sucker for glitter top coats even if it is a pain removing them.
    www.mybeautyjunction.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they are such a pain to remove so when I do wear them I tend to keep them on for a while.

      Delete
  3. I love Pink At Him! I wish I wasn't broke at the moment so I could take advantage of the great sale :( At least there's always discounts on Sally Hansen at Priceline I guess. Fairy Bread is lovely, I never bought it because I own OPI Rainbow Connection (which is getting old now so I hopefully I'll be able to find Fairy Bread when Rainbow Connection needs replacing.
    Can't wait to see the rest of your polish haul!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so addicted to Pink at Him I'm using it in my NOTD post tomorrow :)
      Rainbow Connection is sooo nice I only own 1 OPI nail polish

      Delete
  4. I have fairy bread, it's such a fun glitter! I am currently wearing Ulta3 Blue Marlin :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. arn't all glitters fun :) except when u need to remove them =S
      I just googled blue marlin WOW what a pretty colour reminds me of my Essie Butler Please :)

      Delete
  5. I love Pink at Him - awesome pictures hun x

    ReplyDelete
  6. diamond dust is soo pretty!
    i cant take my eyes off it!

    xo; L&M
    www.twoplicates.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love light polishes like the light pink Sally Hansen one :)
    And Australis Fairy Bread looks so much like Milani Gems!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment I really do appreciate every one of them :)
Please do not comment Follow for Follow as it isn't polite but feel free to post your link as I do love checking out all blogs :)