Friday, 22 February 2013

NYX Advanced Salon Formula Nail Polishes


Today I will be continuing my Nail Polish Haul & Swatch series this will be Part 3.
Click here for part 1 & here for part 2

I will be going through the NYX Advanced Salon Formula Nail Polishes I purchased from Cherryculture.com.

I recieved an email for a Valentines Day Special at Cherry Culture with 20% off everything so I decided to take advantage of the offer & I picked up quite a few new Polishes to add to my colleciton. These NYX polishes were already on special for $3.00 but with the 20% off they came down to $2.40 each plus shipping cost's (which I worked out to be around $1.60 per bottle) so I think that is a very good deal.





So far I'm impressed with the quality of these polishes the all apply beautifully & non streaky except for the white polish which was a little harder to work with but not impossible. All bottle have a regular sized brush which I like as it's not too big or too small. The bottles are pretty much what sold me on purchasing these as I've never heard of them before. They pretty much look like the Deborah Lippman polishes & I love the way her polishes look the bottles just look so nice all stacked up in a row.

Now on to each individual bottle I purchased.

NYX ASF 114 Surf - This is a gorgeous Turquoise colour with a lovely subtle Gold shimmer running through it. It was very hard to try & capture the shimmer in the polish but it really is a subtle shimmer (think along the lines of Essie's Bikini So Teeny). I used about 3 coats for the swatches but you could get away with 2 coats to get this colour opaque.

photo taken without flash

photo taken with flash

NYX Advanced Salon Formula NPS114 Surf

NYX ASF 212 Purple Glitter - This is a clear based polish with Dark Purple & Bright Purple/Pinkish Glitter. This is another one of those great fine glitter top coats like my Picture Polish Razzle Dazzle that I'm obsessed with & is best layered over another polish. The glitters are jam packed in this polish & you only need 1 coat to get a great amount of glitter. For the swatches I used 1 coat of the Purple Glitter over the NYX ASF Surf as I already had it on for this post.
photo taken without flash

photo taken with flash

NYX Advanced Salon Formula NPS212 Purple Glitter

NYX ASF 129 White - This is just a basic creamy white polish that was a little harder to apply to get it even but it worked in about 3 coats.

photo taken with flash

photo taken without flash

NYX Advanced Salon Formula NPS129 White

NYS ASF 156 Forever Young -
This is probably my favourite colour out of all the NYX Nail Polishes I ordered. This is a lovely Sheer Pink Jelly Polish with Gold Flakes & Gold Glitter Mixed in. I love the way this looks on the nail It's just so pretty & glittery It's a very girly colour & I love the name. I used 3 coats of this for the swatches below

photo taken without flash

photo taken without flash

photo taken with flash

photo taken with flash

NYS Advanced Salon Formula NPS156 Forever Young

NYX ASF 220 Gold Glitter - This is a sheer Yellow Jelly based polish with different sized Gold Flakes & Small Gold Glitter. Because the Yellow Base is very sheer this colour would take a lot of coats for it to be fully Opaque this polish is better used layered over another colour. For the swatched I used 2 coats alone & 2 coats over 1 coat Gold Nail Polish (just a random gold I bought from Cotton On).

 This polish was very hard to Photograph as my camera tends to pick up all glares from the glitter but you can still see the effect I was going for.


photo taken with flash

photo taken with flash

photo taken without flash

photo taken without flash

NYX Advanced Salon Formula NPS220 Gold Glitter

NYS ASF 214 Creme Glitter - This is a Gorgeous Polish very similar to the above Gold Glitter colour except this is in an antique rose gold/ light bronze Jelly base. It has the same Gold Flakes & Small Gold Glitter as the shade 220 Gold Glitter has. For the swatches I applied 3 Coats Alone.

photo taken without flash

photo taken with flash

NYX Advanced Salon Formula 214 Creme Glitter

NYX ASF 186 Be Jeweled - This is a Blue based jelly polish with Duo Chromatic Glitter that shifts between a lovely Sea Green & Gold shimmer. This is a very Mermaid-Esqe colour & it reminds me of the ocean. I used 3 coats of this in the swatches & it does need between 3-4 coats for it to be Opaque.

photo taken without flash

photo taken without flash

photo taken with flash

photo taken with flash


NYX Advanced Salon Formula NPS186 Be Jeweled

Its about a Month away until my birthday (25th of March) eep I'm so beyond excited though turning 25 seems so serious I'm not entirely sure what to think. I swear at heart I'm still a child & forever will be :). As it is so close to Easter I though to celebrate why not have a HUGE if not BEYOND HUGE giveaway as honestly I love shopping for other people even more than receiving gifts my self so watch this space as I will have details up soon of what I have planned :):)

What has been one of you recent purchases?
Happy Friday Everyone :)

13 comments:

  1. Ouu the bottles remind me a lot of deborah lippman! I'm really loving the cream glitter and the minty colour, very prett and great swatches :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. as soon as I saw the bottles I instantly thought of Deborah Lippmann :)

      Delete
  2. These are so pretty! My most recent purchase was some nars eye shadow duos :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice, my favourite would have to be the Pink but I am very partial to that Surf blue your wearing there.

    Jac x0x

    matillysthisnthat.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pink is so pretty. All the colours are :)

      Delete
  4. i like the galaxy one.



    …。…。…。…。…。…。…。 …。…。…。…。…。

    *May I invite you to my giveaway?

    I am giving out a USD$39.95 gift card from Casetagram! You could design your own iPhone 4/4s/5 or Samsung S2/S3/Note/Note2 smartphone cases!

    /
    christian | my blog : www.christianyuen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all the nail polish colours. They're all so pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooooh all the colours look so pretty!
    Looks like good quality too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they are very nice quality & very worth the price I'm glad I picked them up :)

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment I really do appreciate every one of them :)
Please do not comment Follow for Follow as it isn't polite but feel free to post your link as I do love checking out all blogs :)