Monday, 11 March 2013

Monday New Nail Polish Series : Neglected Polish


I have recently come to the conclusion that I own WAY to many polishes but does that stop me from buying new ones? Definitely NOT! :) so I have decided to come up with a new series for my blog for anyone who is Polish Obsessed as I am & to remind me why I purchased these polishes in the first place.

I have recently convinced my family to buy me some polish racks/stands for my birthday so I'm super excited to get those & I was planning on doing a sort of Nail Polish collection post but I think that would take to long so this might be an easier way for me to do that & an even better way to keep up with my blog posting goals I've set for myself this year :)

The first edition of this series is Pastel Polishes


Today I'm looking at some of my Pastel Nail Polishes & I have chosen 3 Essie Polishes in Bikini so Teeny, Fiji & Mint Candy Apple. Along with the Essie polishes I have Face of Australia nail polish in the colour Would you like some Orange Sorbet? & Sally Hansen Green with Envy.



I love pastel polishes & I don't think I own nearly as many as I should. I'm currently looking for a great Yellow & Purple so if you know of any please tell me :)

here are some quick thoughts on these polishes:

Essie Bikini So Teeny - I love this polish there is nothing negative I can say about this. The colour is beyond gorgeous, It's a lovely pale baby blue colour with tiny iridescent shimmers that don't really translate on the nail but are visible in the bottle. The formula is nice & creamy & it applies beautifully and opaque. It only needs about 2 coats and isn't at all streaky which I find most Essie Pastel shades to be.

Essie Fiji - I love the colour of this polish, It's a very pale pastel pink colour however I do not like the formula of the polish all that much. It is slightly on the thick side and it applies rather streaky and unevenly. It takes a bit of working with to get it right but once you do it looks gorgeous.

Essie Mint Candy Apple - This is a cult favourite among Essie Nail Polish lovers & honestly I'm not that impressed. The formula seems to be the same as Essie's Fiji & although it is a nice colour I find that it tends to look more blue on my nails than green which is a disappointment as I love mint green polishes. Saying that I do like the colour It's just not what I expected  and this is just my opinion on it I think I'd have more luck trying Essie Absolutely Shore with is meant to be a pale pastel green colour.

FOA Would you like some Orange Sherbet - I remember when these polishes came out & everyone was excited about them & a lot of people were disappointed me included but I actually really like this one. This is a lovely creamy pastel orange colour. The formula wasn't the easiest to work with. I found it took a good 3 coats to get it opaque but I liked the way it turned out. Overall I'm glad I own this polish.

Sally Hansen Green With Envy - This is the last polish I decided to include in today's post & it is a Creamy Lime Green colour not quite pastel but it's the closest colour I have to a pastel green that isn't mint coloured. I find that in the bottle & on my nail this colour does translate more pastel than you'd think but in photo's that doesn't show up so well. I love the formula for the Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Xtreme Wear Polishes they are not to thick but thick enough for a nice opaque colour in 2 coats. I used to own quite a few of these but have used most of them up & plan on buying more. The Mint Sorbet one has been on my wishlist for a while now :)

Swatched without Flash


  Swatched with Flash





Well that's it for now hope you guys enjoy this new Series I have decided to do :)
If you haven't yet done so feel free to join My Birthday Giveaway the link is in the sidebar at the top :)

Here I leave you with some adorable pictures of my ever so Lazy Baby Kobe :)





28 comments:

  1. Awww can I have your cat O_O

    So cute!!

    BTW

    You have been tagged!!

    Please follow the link to my blog

    http://matillysthisnthat.blogspot.com.au/2013/03/the-procrastinating-beauty-blogger-tag.html

    Jac x0x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. he more so belongs to my sister & I don't think she'd ever want to give him up.. though I do think he likes me better :)
      I'll come checkout your post when I have a chance thanks :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. me too even now while the weather is getting cooler i wear these types of colours to remind me of spring & summer :)

      Delete
  3. I like this idea of rediscovering your polishes :D Bikini so Teeny is definitely my favourite! Also your cat is so adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm thinking this is a great way for me to use my polishes because I get so distracted with how pretty they look in the bottle when I buy them I then have to realise whats the point if they all sit there :)

      Delete
  4. Bikini so Teeny is such a beautiful colour love the pastels but that one is my fav!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes that one is turning out to be the winner out of all of them :)

      Delete
  5. I love Bikini So Teeny, it's especially good with art/stamping. Looking forward to more in this series x
    My Beauty Junction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a pretty colour :) I'm glad everyone is liking my idea for the series can't wait to continue :)

      Delete
  6. This is a great idea for a series! Bikini so Teeny is a really pretty colour.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Heaps :) I just wish all the Essie creamy pastels had the same formula type as bikini so teeny as it truly is better than the other 2

      Delete
  7. Bikini so Teeny is one of my favourite polishes, and Would you like some Orange Sherbet is up there too. I love the look of Fiji, pity about the formula. It seems all of my Essie polishes aren't the best formula wise, but the colours I own are all fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think my Essie polishes are 50/50 some a great & others not so much I should really do a comparison between all of mine :)

      Delete
  8. I love the shape of your nails :) Wish mine were half as neat and tidy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awe thank you :) normally I cut my nails really short as they tend to break at work but lately they haven't so I've been trying to grow them :)

      Delete
  9. essie figi looks so beautiful, definitely on my wishlist! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Replies
    1. thanks they are all great colours :)

      Delete
  11. I love these pastel colours, I want them all!! I love the look of each nail having a different colour when wearing pastels, reminds me of candy :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm the same :) as I was painting my nails I was very much reminded of the fizzy lifesaver lollies :)

      Delete
  12. I'm so in love with pastel, light colours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. me too I'm kinda using these colours to hold on to summer as it is clearly ending here :)

      Delete
  13. Oh I love these pastel colors that remind me of Spring, fresh flowers, candies, and little babies. I tried Essie Bikini so teeny, but the application of it was horrible. It turned out nice on you though! Thanks for the follow on my blog! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find essie nail polishes don't have the best formula sometimes they r great & others not so much but they colours are all amazing :)

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment I really do appreciate every one of them :)
Please do not comment Follow for Follow as it isn't polite but feel free to post your link as I do love checking out all blogs :)