Monday, 18 March 2013

Neglected Polish Series #2


So today I'm back with the second edition to my new Post Series : Neglected Polish :)
As the weather is slowly changing to more Autumn/Fall like weather (FINALLY) Summer did seem to go on forever & I for one love when the weather changes to Autumn as I know my Birthday is around the corner :)

In my last post I chose 5 of my Creamy Pastel Shades of polish & today I have decided on my Favourite go to polishes for Autumn :)
Here are the polishes I chose:

CG Below Deck, Essie Recessionista, Revlon Bold Sangria, Essie School of Hard Rocks & Nicole by OPI Khloe had a Little Lam Lam

Nicole by OPI Khloe Had a Little Lam Lam -
This is one of my Favourite Nail Polishes I own & when the Kardashion Collection of Nicole by Opi came out I wasn't really interested in any of them but I have to admit I'm a major Khloe fan always have been so I had to get this & I'm glad I did. This is a gorgeous Dark Forest Green polish that applies smoothly & flawlessly.

Essie School of Hard Rocks - This is a colour I often reach for in Autumn/Winter it is a muted Grey toned Green polish I'd say I find this a hard colour to describe but I adore it.  This colour reminds me of a colour that would be mixed in to a Camouflage pattern or something but I find it to be very Autumn appropriate. This is one of the very few Essie shades I own that I have no issue with when applying. It can come out thin on the first application but 2 coats & it's perfect.

Revlon ColorStay Bold Sangria - I only own 3 of these Revlon ColorStay Polishes but I really like the formula on them they are very opaque & apply smoothly without any streaks. This is a gorgeous Dark Vampy Plum Purple Polish that I often choose to wear in the colder months of the year.

Essie Recessionista - This polish is similar to the Bold Sangria one except it leans more to a Deep Red Wine colour & I usually switch between the 2 when I'm after a Chic Dark Polish look. I love the formula of this one & being an Essie polish that is really saying a lot. I find the Essie darker shades are pretty good formula wise & this is by far the best one I own.

China Glaze Below Deck - This is probably one of my ALL TIME favourite polishes ever & along with China Glaze's for Audrey this was my very first China Glaze Polish I purchased. This is what I would call a Purple toned Mushroom/Taupe colour. This (like most of my China Glaze Polishes) has a really nice creamy formula & is pretty much Opaque in 1 coat but I always like to use at least 2 coats of any polish I apply.




Swatches without Flash

Swatches with Flash


If you have not yet dont so feel free to Enter my Birthday Giveaway HERE & Follow me via BlogLovin HERE (it counts for entry points in my giveaway)
What is your Favourite Polish to wear when the weather turns Cold?

17 comments:

  1. I love all of these colours! Especially Hard Rocks and Sangria. They're all perfect Autumn shades. I'm so glad autumn is finally here, I hate hot weather.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All of these colours are amazing I find it hard to pic a fav but I do love School of Hard Rocks :) I don't hate hot weather but I LOVE cold weather so I'm also glad autumn is here & can't wait for winter :)

      Delete
    2. I love cold weather too! I don't even get winter till December :( Although English autumn is going to be almost as cold as Canberra winter. Also I didn't even see Below Deck over the other amazing colours, that's been at the top of my China Glaze wish list for ages, haha.

      Delete
  2. Great choices here! I think they are all perfect for autumn/winter...I actually had a lemming for Below Deck for the longest time! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) Below Deck is an awesome colour I find I'm drawn to a lot of colours that are similar but always come back to it

      Delete
  3. Below deck reminds me a lot of Essie Merino Cool, which I love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think there are a few dupes to Below Deck it's such a nice trendy colour I'm pretty sure Sally Hansen's Complete Salon Manicure has one too :)

      Delete
  4. Below Deck does remind me a lot of Essie's Merino Cool. I love School of Hard Rocks, it's one of my favorite colors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never seen Merino Cool I should check it out & School of Hard Rocks is an awesome colour :)

      Delete
  5. Hey dear I really like your blog! What about following each other? Also on bloglovin, facebook and even on Lookbook if you want...just let me know :3 <3


    NEW POST UP!

    www.OntoMyWardrobe.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooooh am in love with School of Hard Rocks!
    My Beauty Junction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such an amazing colour. Before I bought it I had been googling swatches of polishes & the swatch for school of hard rocks that I found look nothing like the actually polish (it must be a hard to photograph polish) but I'm so glad because it looks a lot better in person :)

      Delete
  7. Pretty colors! I have to give my neglecteds some love xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) yeah this is helping me get a lot more wear out of my polishes :)

      Delete
  8. "Khloe had a little lam lam" is suuuch a cute name!! I like the look of the Essie one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such an adorable name Khloe & Lamar are definitely my fav's :)

      Delete
  9. I love all the colors expecially Essie Recessionista and Revlon Bold Sangria.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment I really do appreciate every one of them :)
Please do not comment Follow for Follow as it isn't polite but feel free to post your link as I do love checking out all blogs :)