Wednesday, 27 March 2013

Review: Benefit Confession of a Concealaholic


This week I've planned to do a few of the Reviews I had promised to do. I've put myself on a Blogging Schedule recently with the aim of doing 4 or more post's a week & so far I don't think I'm doing to bad.

I know a few people have been waiting for this one so I decided to start my Reviewing week with Benefit's Confessions of a Concealaholic

I picked this up as a part of my Benefit Haul (see here) I'd always wanted to buy this product but when I saw that Benefit were  having an offer that you could get this product free with any purchase $90 or more & I was already going to pick some stuff up so I thought why not.






This was packaged like most of Benefits Packs that have a range of products to try and came in an adorable book like box. Inside the box there was a leaflet that contains a cute little Concealaholic quiz and notes on how to use each of the different products in the box.


The products included in this box are:

That Gal Primer 7.5ml

Erase Paste in shade no.2 Medium 3.2g

Boi-ing 01 and Boi-ing 02 1.3g each
Lemon Aid 0.9g
Eye Bright 0.9g
2x Double ended brushes



The main reason I wanted to try this product is the Benefit Erase Paste this concealer has a lot of hype in the Beauty world finally I can see why. This does a really good job at concealing my under eye circles & find that is doesn't crease on me. This product comes in 3 different shades but it seems the shades look very suitable for fair to medium skin tones. It says this is a brightening concealer but I don't really see it as brightening for me but that's ok because that's not what I use this product for.

I am definitely going to buy the full size product of this when my sample size runs out

How I use it: I use the brush provided to light dab this under my eye then blend it out by lightly patting it in with my finger. Then I like to set it with some loose setting powder.

My favourite product in this pack would definitely be the Boi-ing Industrial Strength Concealer and it is exactly that. WOW this product has good coverage & can pretty much cover anything you want from acne to scars to redness and even under eye circles. I find if I'm having a really bad skin day I reach for this. The kit comes with 2 shades of this in a light shade and a medium shade that can be used alone or mixed together to create a shade perfect for you. unlike the Erase Paste this product has 5 different shades to choose from and there does seem to be a shade for everyone.

How I use it: I use this mainly around my nose to conceal a bit of redness I have and for any break outs I have I just use the brush provided to dab this on the skin then like the Erase Paste I pat it in with my finger.



  Lemon Aid  is a colour correcting eyelid primer. I find this product to be too thick to apply on my eyelid I prefer more creamy liquid primer/brightener product to use on my eyelids for concealing & brightening. I find when blended in on the eye this product can look powdery and flaky  I know a lot of people like this product but this is not something I would buy for myself. I feel the exact same way with the Eye Bright this product flakes on my skin and isn't very creamy but I do feel this product works well at brightening it's just not the type of product I reach for brightening. I prefer products like the Loreal Lumi Magique Highlighting Pen.
That Gal Brightening Face Primer I love these sized samples that Benefit include in these packs. This is a product I enjoyed using. It says you can use this product alone, under or over make up so it's a multi use product. It has a slightly pinkish tone to it but it blends smoothly & evenly on the skin. It has a slight shimmer to it to give the skin a nice natural glow. This product has a lovely sweet smell and feels great on the skin. As much as I do love this product I don't think I'll be buying the full sized item of this as I currently am obsessed with the Benefit Porefessional Primer but I do have a few of these samples to keep me happy for a while.

Over all I'm glad to have gotten this pack as It gave me a chance to try a lot of product I've been meaning to & though I did not like them all I still found this pack to be very useful & will definitely be buying the Full Size of the Erase Paste & Boi-ing Concealer.

This product retails for $36 and can be purchased through the Benefit Cosmetics Website

Have you tried this pack? What is your favourite Concealing Products?

18 comments:

  1. I absolutely fell in love with this kit the moment I saw the packaging! It was the first-ever Benefit product I bought. Like you, I like Erase Paste and Boi-ing 02 the best. And those brushes are really good for their size.
    My Beauty Junction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the way Benefit Package their items. I always try the brushes that come in make up sets because half the time they're actually good & these brushes are fantastic with these products :)

      Delete
  2. Try the lemon aid to get rid of any redness - works a treat around my nose especially after a cold :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will definitely give it another go though I did not like the texture on my skin :)

      Delete
  3. I really want to try this, everyone loves it! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really good & a great way to try a bunch of products to see what works for you :)

      Delete
  4. Erase paste is fantastic - I love that you get brushes in this set and that gal is great too. Love this set! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Erase Paste really is great :) the brushes work really well with this kit :)

      Delete
  5. I've heard a lot of great things about Erase Paste! I'm definitely going to pick it up after I've used up my Bobbi Brown Peach Corrector! :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never tried the Bobbi Brown Corrector but I hear it is very Comparable to Erase Paste :)

      Delete
  6. Umm wow, I haven't seen this pack before but now I *definitely* need it! I'll be looking for a new lilac concealer soon, and since this has one I think it will be a win, especially since I've also been wanting to try the erase paste!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It a great pack. I think its a perfect way for a company to showcase the many product they have to help with similar problems & gives people a chance to see what products they like :)

      Delete
  7. Thank you for the review I will be trying this out!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the post!
    I have the Benefit some-kind-a-gorgeous concealer/foundation sample and I don't really like it :/
    But good to know you like Erase Paste!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had the some kind of gorgeous sample to & it was horrible it was like slathering oil on to your face. :)

      Delete
  9. I have never tried anything from Benefit. I love their packaging, but from all the reviews I read on the Internet I don't think their products are outstanding or something. However this kit is great - at allows you to try lots of products and once you've finished them, you still have 2 brushes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It depends what kind of products you like but I think with all companies they have Hits & Misses you just need to work out what products work well for you :) but yes there packaging is probably what makes people want to buy their products :)

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment I really do appreciate every one of them :)
Please do not comment Follow for Follow as it isn't polite but feel free to post your link as I do love checking out all blogs :)