Sunday, 17 March 2013

The Procrastinating Beauty Blogger TAG



I was tagged to do this post by the Lovely Jac over on Matillyrose's This n That Blog Thank you Jac & if you guys are not already following her please do check out her blog :)

Of course It's taken me a while to get round to doing this becasue I have simply been Procrastinating :)

Rules:
1. You must copy and paste these 'rules' onto your post when you write it, it doesn't take long!.
2. You must state that this tag was created by 'The Beau Bow' and link www.thebeaubow.blogspot.com
3. You must thank the person who tagged you at the start of your post (link their blog as well) -follow them if you're feeling nice!, and then at the end of your post state who you tag, and then comment on their blog on their latest post to let them know you tagged them, and link your post so they can see what to do.
4. Title this post 'The Procrastinating Beauty Blogger TAG' so everyone knows what it is about.
5. Have fun! :)

1. Name a beauty regime that you rarely do?
I'm pretty good when It comes to beauty regime's & I have lately gotten into a habit of what I do but the thing I do sometimes forget is to use an Eyeshadow primer. When I get ready I usually lay out all my makeup I plan on using & just getting straight into it half way through getting ready I realise I haven't used an eye primer. Which I know to a lot of people might not be such a big deal but my shadows (especially cream bases) crease like CRAZY on me & need to ALWAYS be using a primer as its works wonders for me.

 

2. Is washing your makeup brushes something you do regularly?
As much as I'd love to say yes this is not always the case but I do try to clean them using my brush cleaner spray very regularly does that count? as for giving them a good deep cleaning via washing them. I try to do that as often as I can every 2-3 weeks



3. How long will you last with chipped nail polish?

Lately I've been changing my nail polish pretty often so this hasn't been much of a concern for me but I do admit that weeks when I'm super busy chipped polish doesn't bother me at all. If I freaked every time my polish chipped I'd never be able to leave the house. I'm constantly using my hands at work & there has never been a day when I've come home from work without my polish chipping or my nails breaking =S but I get over it pretty quickly :)



4. How long do you put off buying/replacing a beauty or nail polish product even if you need it? (i.e purchasing a new topcoat, or a new foundation etc.)

This is something I'm very good at I tend to have a lot of products I like that are very similar to each / I collect ie certain colours of nail polish (I think I have about 7 very similar aqua light blue/green type polishes), endless amounts of bright blue eyeliner (my current obsession), 5-6 neutral eye shadow palette, multiple back ups of Mascara & face powder. Majority of products I use on a daily bases I tend to stock up on when on sale. Maybe someone should create a Tag of make up HOARDERS as I think I would be one of those =S.. Though with saying that the only product I don't have any multiples of is foundation (i have a few BB creams but don't use them very often) My HG foundation is Napoleon Perdis China Doll Foundation I find it's the best one for me but it retails for $65 & I can't really afford to have more than 1 but I do replace it when I know I'm running out .
 





5. What is your worst beauty habit?

probably the whole not caring about chipped nail polish & also sticking to a night time skin care routine is hard for me especially when I come home exhausted & just want to sleep but I do always remember to take my make up using a face wipe but normally when I have time I like to cleanse/tone/moisturize at night time but not going to lie that doesn't always happen


6. Name something non-beauty related that you put off doing all the time?

This ones easy anything to do with assignments & tidying my room. I always have stuff lying everywhere which makes it hard for me to find but tidying seems like such hard work LOL but I have taken steps to completely re-organise my room & make up/storage solutions so keep an eye out for future posts about that
7. When going out somewhere, do you leave getting ready until the last minute or not?
I've never been the one to get ready last minute. If I'm going out & need to wash/style my hair & do my make up I usually give my self around 2 hours (with multiple breaks & plenty of time to procrastinate) if I'm just doing makeup around 45 mins-1 hour
8. Can you commit to spending bans?
Not long term ones definitely not I think the girls who can commit to these are AMAZING & show real strength but sadly I'm not one of them. That being said I don't ever have an issue going over board with my money / spending habits I have a set Goal/Budget that every week I save half my pay check & the other half goes towards Bills/Food/Clothing/Makeup & on weeks I have no bills (which Is quite often) that means more Make Up for me :)
9. How organised is your makeup and nail polish collection?
At the moment It's not to bad all my polishes are in plastic trays I got from K mart (I have about 4 trays full =S) & I'm getting some nail polish stands for my Birthday yay & My make up isn't bad but as I said I'm in the process of re doing my whole set up/organisation area :)



10. What is the longest amount of time you have gone without writing a blog post?
I've been really trying to stick to a regular posting schedule I aim for about 4 post's a week which some times happens & some times doesn't I don't stress to much If I cant get a lot of it done but as long as I'm posting at least once a week I'm happy. Hopefully I get better & better at this as time goes on but I feel like for now my blog is progressing at a really nice pace & I'm enjoying every last minute of it :)

well that's it guys I TAG anyone & everyone who feels like doing this Post as its a lot of fun & I hope you try it out.

If you have done this post please feel free to let me know so I can check it out :)
Enjoy your Sunday
xx

5 comments:

  1. Love all your answers Sammi.

    The e-card made me laugh :o)

    I love eye primer it really helps with those pesky eyeshadows with lots of fall out.

    Have a great rest of Sunday and Happy St Paddy's Day!

    Jac x0x

    matillysthisnthat.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for taking the time to read this :)
      I know I'm obsessed with primer. What on earth did I do before it :)

      Delete
  2. That storage unit from kmart looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey lovely - i've nominated you for a liebster award! My post will be up within the hour xxx

    shotofbeautyblog.blogspot.co.uk x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much :) this is the second nomination I've gotten for this & I will definitely get round to doing it this week :)

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment I really do appreciate every one of them :)
Please do not comment Follow for Follow as it isn't polite but feel free to post your link as I do love checking out all blogs :)