Monday, 8 April 2013

Review: Arbonne Eye Shadow & Arbonne Eye Liner

Arbonne Cosmetics are a brand of Premium Range Products that are produced with Natural Botanical Ingredients. They are a company that initially I was not very aware of but after some research I found that they offer a huge range of products that range in Skin/Body Care, Cosmetics & Health Care.

They say "Arbonne's product line naturally enchances your beauty and well-being with products that are pure, safe & beneficial".
Arbonne Cosmetics are free of Parabens, Phthalates and other nasties. 
Their products are NOT tested on animals.


  
I was given the chance to try some of the products they have to offer for review & I have to say I am really impressed. The products that were provided to me were the Arbonne Eye Shadow in Chocolate, Arbonne Eye Liner in Ebony and Arbonne Triple Action Mascara. Today I will be reviewing the Eye Shadow & Eye Liner. I will be reviewing the Mascara later this week with an Eye of the Day post using all the items so you can see how I use them.




Arbonne  Eye Shadow in Chocolate (RRP$26.00 and available in 20 shades) 
This is a Beyond Gorgeous Warm Matte Brown Shade with flecks of Gold Glitter running through it very similar to the shade Cocoa Puff in my Too Faced Natural Eye Kit (see here) though I will admit that I prefer this over Cocoa Puff. This shade is so creamy and very pigmented. I find it glides right on to my eye & looks stunning on. I do however notice the glitter has a bit of fallout out but because the glitter is pretty fine & subtle it doesn't look bad & the fallout is barely noticeable.

You can use this Eye Shadow alone for a nice Autumn/Winter smokey eye look or as a definition colour in the crease with any complimenting lighter Eye Shadow shade.

This product also deserves honorable mention for the packaging. It comes in a beautiful sleek matte black casing with a clear window on the lid so you can see the colour. The best thing about this is the way it opens I find a lot of Eye Shadows are difficult to open when you have to use your nails to open them but the great thing about the Arbonne Eye Shadow is the button to open the product is like a push and release opening you just press the middle button & viola it pops open. Now this may not be excited to you but for someone who always chips their polish trying to get into packaging this is an AMAZING feature for me :)

Arbonne Eye Liner in Ebony (RRP$32.00 and available in 6 shades) 

This is a Long Lasting Retractable Eye Liner. The shade I received is Ebony which is a lovely Soft Black Colour that can be built up pretty dark but I actually prefer the softer black colour to use in winter to soften up some of the darker eyeshadows I like to pair these types of eyeliner with.

I find this product to be very creamy & it glides on to my eye with very little effort. I like that it has a detachable sharpener (shown in the picture above) as I like to use this kinds of product to create a soft winged liner look but that is hard to create when the tip of the product looses it's shape & this helps to slightly sharpen it up a little.

I use this product on my Upper & Lower Lash line as well in my Waterline & its works nicely as an overall versatile Eye Liner Product.

Both products a free of Parabens, Phthalates & Talc.

Swatches of both the Products
photo taken without flash

photo taken with flash

I also recieved the Arbonne Triple Action Mascara which I will be reviewing later on this week as a new series on my Blog so to look out for that.


Arbonne Cosmetics can be purchased online through www.arbonnerinternational.com.au

Have you tried any Arbonne Products?






*these products were sent to me for consideration of review & all opinions expressed are my 100% honest truth. see my disclosure policy for more information here

12 comments:

  1. That shadow colour is so unique and pretty!

    Sarah
    morethanadored.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its such a gorgeous colour I've been wearing it ever since I got it :)

      Delete
  2. They look gorgeous, and the button mechanism is such a good idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so excited about the button haha :)

      Delete
  3. The eyeshadow looks stunning. I quite like the flecks of glitter in it :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's very stunning. The gold flecks give it such great definition when applied on the eye :)

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. thanks. the stuff I got really is great :)

      Delete
  5. Worst thing abour Arbonne is the annoying party plan parties and the stupid things their sales-people will tell you to try and make you buy some :)
    Obviously some a pretty good at their jobs! I have a very recent purchase of their foundation and blush (review is in the draft process).. Love the look of the liner...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never met an Arbonne Sale Assistant but I'm sure they would be just like Avon Ladies but i guess in the end the products speak for themselves & I'm glad I've tried these as I really am loving this brand now :) This kind of eyeliner is something I'm just getting in to so I've been using it a lot & I love it.

      Delete

Thank you for leaving a comment I really do appreciate every one of them :)
Please do not comment Follow for Follow as it isn't polite but feel free to post your link as I do love checking out all blogs :)