Sunday, 14 April 2013

This Week in Samples #1


I, like most bloggers I'm sure, Have an overwhelming amount of samples that I seem to have collected. I either get samples from Beauty Subscription Boxes, as extra gifts with online shopping, free gift with purchase packs or just from going into a department store and receiving them when I'm looking at buying/trying new products.


I've recently begun organizing my Entire Makeup Collection and Storage Area in my house & while I was sorting through everything I decided that I need to start using up some of my samples. I'm sure we all like getting samples as it is a way for people to try products & see if they are going to work for your personal needs to eventually buy the products being sampled. As I'm always on the hunt for finding new products to buy I thought I may as well start using my Samples as it seems such a waste to let them sit there.

I've seen quite a few people starting some series/blog posts about reviewing their samples, Jasmine from Sweetaholic Beauty & Dawn from See It, Love It, Swatch It to name a few, and I knew a while back I wanted to do something similar so I have decided to do a New Series on my Blog titled "This Week in Samples". Hopefully I'll be able to keep this going for a regular posting on Sundays.

This weeks samples are:










Skinmiso Pore Beauty Nose Pack I pretty much loved this sample. I have never heard of the brand Skinmiso before. It is a Korean Skincare Brand and I know people are very fond of Korean Beauty and Skincare Brands so I had high hopes for this product. I received this product in a Bellabox a while back. This is basically a 3 step pore nose strip system. In this sample i got 2 sealed pore strips and 1 sebum removal stick (which basically looked like a cotton swab) the 3rd step which I have googled is a Pore Beauty Essence.

The first step is a Black Head and White Head Removal Mask and step 2 is a Contraction & Calming Mask. Each of these steps take 10 mins so it can be a lengthy process but I didn't mind.

What I Liked about this product was that it wasn't like your usual pore strip that dries on your nose and you pull off. This was a wet pore strip that doesn't dry but still works just as well as other pore strips without hurting. I did notice a difference when using this product and am definitely going to purchase the full sized product of this. There was nothing I Hated about this product but it is a bit of a lengthy process and I know a lot of people don't like that.

Avene Cleanance Gel Soapless Cleanser
This is a sample I received in a Lust Have It box (I think it was the first ever LHI box I got). I was not to fond of this product. This is a Soapless Gel Cleanser for oily and blemish prone skin which I tend to have. This is a very thick product and I found that you don't need to use a lot of this product and It lasted ages. I think I used this a couple of times a week for about 2 months which is pretty good considering it is a small 25ml sample. This have a lovely fresh scent to it which is one of the things I liked about this product & it did help to clear my skin up a little.

The main thing I disliked about this product was that after a while It started giving me some random dry patches on my skin and left my skin feeling really weird now this was probably just a weird reaction from my skin which is a shame because it really is a lovely product and I did want to like it but Unfortunatly my skin did not so I will not be purchasing this anytime soon.
Klorane Nourishing Treatment Shampoo with Mango Butter & Klorane Nourishing and Untangling Conditioning Balm with Mango Butter both for dry damaged hair
I love switching up my hair care routine every now and then and am always on the hunt for new Shampoos and Conditioners to try. I believe I got these samples in a Lust Have It box and was pretty keen on trying them as they smell amazing. If there are 2 scents in the world I love they are either Coconut or Tropical Fruit and these smell like Mango with a hint of Pineapple which smells AMAZING to me.

I LOVED the Shampoo. It had a really nice Silky texture that lathered up nicely and left my hair feeling clean and smelling lovely. This 25ml sample size lasted me about 3 washes which gave me a pretty good idea of how this would work on my hair and is definitely something I would purchase when I run out of my current Shampoo.

but unfortunately I pretty much HATED the conditioning balm. To begin with there wasn't enough product in the packet (only 10ml) for one use. It barely cover the ends of my hair. On the back it says to apply this to towel dried hair after using the Shampoo and leave it in for 2 mins the rinse. I thought that was an odd process but I feel like this did nothing to my hair. It didn't leave is nourished or untangled though it did leave it soft but the ends felt dry so I definitely think this is not a product for me. That is just my honest opinion let me know if you have had a better experience with this or if there is another conditioner from the Klorane Range you like as I would like to try a different one and see if it is better for me :)

Benefit They're Real Mascara
This is a mini version of the Benefit they're real Mascara that I got with my purchase of the Full Size product from the Benefit Website a while back. I absolutely LOVE This product. This Mascara does a great job of Lengthening & Separating my Lashes. I love the brush on this Mascara & how the end of the wand has a ball with rubber bristles that help coat every lash to make it look like you have a million lashes. Mascara is probably my FAVOURITE makeup item ever and I tend to layer my mascara's & use at least 2 at once. With the Benefit They're Real Mascara I feel like I don't need to do that & can pretty much wear this alone & every time that I have I've had someone complement me on my lashes and ask me if I was wearing Falsies.

The only issue I have with Mascara's is though they do not work the same on everyone. My natural Lashes are pretty dark and quite thick, they have a nice curl to them. This mascara helps define them and lengthen them while maintaining (and enhancing) my natural curl. depending on your natural lashes I can see this Mascara clumping a little which would be the only downside if you have slightly thinner lashes.

Have you tried any of these products before? Let me know what you think about this series & if I should keep going?


4 comments:

  1. I like this series, we always hear about what we get in these boxes but there are not many reviews of bloggers actually using them.

    I keep giving all my left over samples that I don't use to my Mum but she warned me the other day enough is enough lol....

    Jac xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ended up giving the pore pack to my mum because I didn't think I needed it, and a month or so later I thought it would be good to try but she wouldn't give it back even though she hadn't gotten around to using it yet!
    Coconut is my absolute favourite scent/flavour, but tropical fruits are pretty close. Suprising in my months of being subscribed to 2 beauty boxes, I never received a Klorane sample! I haven't tried Benefit They're Real yet, I love my Bad Gal mascara so I'm thinking I'm going to give They're Real a go when it goes bad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the mention lovely! I love, love, love Benefit's They're Real Mascara as well! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. love that mascara! would you like to follow each other in gfc and bloglovin? let me know!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment I really do appreciate every one of them :)
Please do not comment Follow for Follow as it isn't polite but feel free to post your link as I do love checking out all blogs :)